DIY Miley Cyrus Cosmo Dress/Top
Post your recreation and use #DIYpb so I can see it on instagram 😀
YOU WILL NEED:
- Crystals or Rhinestones
- E6000 Glue since it is washable
- Toothpicks and Tweezers
- Paperplates and paper towels
- Shirt of your choice
- Sort out all of your crystals
- Put a piece of cardboard or paper plate on the shoulder portion of your shirt
- Place a few on the sleeve of your shirt to get an idea of how you want itTwo Techniques to gluing
1) Place glue directly on shirt
Paint Glue on shirt
- Squirt glue onto the paper plate and using a toothpick spread the glue on the shirt. Work in small sections.
- Press the stones firmly onto the shirt
- Occasionally lift your shirt to make sure it is not glued to the cardboard
- Use your toothpick to move the stones around to the desired position.
- Make sure you spread the glue evenly so the entire stone is glued down
- Another technique is to apply glue the shirt directly. I prefer this method because it is faster.
- Here is a tip: every so often use rubbing alcohol on the nozzle to remove dried up glue
- Repeat these steps on the other shoulder
- Now move the shirt a bit and glue stones to the shoulder cap area
- Lift the glued areas off the cardboard to ensure that nothing is glued together.
- Let this dry over night.1) Try Your shirt on
2) Make note where you want the front stones
Place magazine or cardboard between the front and back of the top
- Lay out your favorite large stones on the front of the shirt
- Apply glue directly onto the stones and place on to the front of your shirt
- Continue to fill in the gaps with smaller stones
- Roll a paper towel and tuck into both sleeves
Glue down some stones onto the sleeves. Get creative and have fun.
- Add some accent sparkles
- Repeat this on the other side
- Peel everything away from the cardboard and paper towels. Or peel to reveal a new sheet from the magazine.
- Allow to dry for at least 24 hours. Try it on and make any add-ons if needed.