DIY Lady Bug Costume
For this Lady Bug Costume you will need:
- Any preferred Red Outfit
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Black Pipe Cleaner and Cute Socks
- Black and Red Pom Poms and Felt
- And Lady Bug Wings
Let’s Dot The Dress
- Using 3 circular items begin to trace them onto the felt. I used my old white eyeliner pencil.
- Keep them close as possible to maximize your felt
- Cut out the dots
- Bring out your red outfit to begin gluing
- Place a piece of cardboard between the fabric to avoid gluing it together.
- Remember to place them strategically. You don’t want anything funny.
- Hot Glue your dots and don’t use too much glue.
- Finish your dots and clean up any glue strings after.
Time to work on your antenna
- Take 6 black pipe cleaners out. Use 3 per side.
- Begin braiding three together from end to end
- I am using an hold headband. Using a piece of felt will help decorate and hide the old glue.
- The felt may not reach the end but at least my ugly old glue is concealed
- Hot Glue it along the headband. Stretch it out a bit to keep it taunt.
- Next take your antenna and put it onto the headband
- Repeat this on the other side
- Next make sure they are even
- Now twist the pipe cleaner all the way up
- Split your red pom pom and apply glue to the middle. Stick your pipe cleaner inside. Hold it still for a few seconds.
- Now take your felt and cut a rectangle to the size you want your bow to be
- Fold your felt back and forth
- Using a piece of thread to secure the bow
- Apply some hot glue and add a black pom pom on top
- And finally apply a bit of glue to the antenna and place the bow on top
Let’s Add Bows on the Socks Now
- Cut two identical rectangles from the piece of felt
- Fold both into a fan like before
- Secure by wrapping thread around the bow
- Apply hot glue and your black pom pom
- Before gluing onto the socks make sure you know if you want them on the back, side or front.
- Slip a piece of cardboard between the socks. Apply glue and press the bow down. Repeat this on the other side.
- And last glue on some goggly eyes on your lady bug wings for fun.
And you are ready!!
Thanks for reading and watching