How To DIY Hello Kitty Happy Scarf Great Gift!!!
Feeling in a way better mood today I decided to do a little photo story of my pretend present opening day. I was super bummed cause I watched Katy Perry’s latest music video and it just made me so sad. But today I am back!!!
How to make the scarf
- Start off with a 60 inch long price of fabric or longer and 15 inches wide or whatever you like
- Fold the fabric into thirds to see if this is what you are looking for
- Make a note that each section is 5 inches wide if you are using 15 inches wide fabric
- I kept it folded to save time. You can open up the fabric and start snipping
- Place the measuring tape at the 5 inch mark
- Start cutting. Use fabric scissors for best results
- Trim wide and small pieces for extra texture
- Once done repeat on the other side
- Open up the fabric strip and fix any ares you need to
- Fold the scarf with the right side on the inside. I left the little white piece cause i needed the length . feel free to cut that off
- Sew a straight line, but make sure you skip the first fringe and stop before the second one. I sewed about 1/4 inch after the edge.
Places to get polar fleece- joanns, online, and gasp.. swapmeets!!!
Shop shop at elessajade.com
Ahh I am so surprised what did you get me mom?
Thanks this is a lovely scarf. Let’s take some photos..
Warming up.. this is a better shot. Very nice.. I love my Hello Kitty Scarf.. yes it does make me happy….
Aww another present mom.. what is this?? a toilet seat warmer? a hat??? ohhhh a travel pillow.. Good thing I am home for 65 days. But when I am back on my travels I’ll take her with me and wear it just like this!